Today, We will see, How can we use Google Chrome as a Metro Style App i.e. run directly from start screen.
Steps to Follow:
1. Visit the Chromium Projects main page and click Dev channel for Windows, under Windows section.
2. Click Accept and Install to start the download and installation of the Dev version of Google Chrome.
3. After Installation, You need to set Google Chrome as your Default Browser. For that, you need to go to Settings -> Click on Make Google Chrome my default browser.
4. Now, Just Pin Google Chrome to Start Menu. For Pinning any application to Start Menu, Right-click anywhere on the background of the Start screen (not on any tile) and you will see an ‘All apps’ button appear at the bottom. Click it to get a list of all your installed apps. Once there, right-click on any app and you will see the option ‘Pin to Start’ pop up at the bottom.
5. Now, When you launch Google Chrome from Start Menu, it will launch as a Metro Style App and have a different look When you launch from Desktop. There are no minimize button, no maximize button at the top corner.
Via: Addictive Tips